Baking cookies requires sustained concentration and dexterity. If either fails, mistakes will be made. Case in point: yesterday, as I removed a tray of chocolate chip cookies from the oven, I accidentally stuck the thumb of my oven mitt into the side of a still molten cookie, rendering it maimed and unsellable.
I did the only thing I could do, under the circumstances. I waited for it to cool. And then I ate it. Damaged, maybe, but delicious, you betcha.
In a busy kitchen, these types of technical mishaps are unavoidable, unless I become so skilled that they will be 100% deliberate.